Installation and initiation of KMS activation
- Campus authorized software are provided in ISO format. The ISO files can be burned onto a DVD disk for installation, use virtual a DVD to upload the ISO, or use decompression software to decompress the ISO file for installation.
- Download the activation software, then to carry out the activation as a system administrator, and choose the software you need.
- You need to reactivate it once every 180 days. On the TCU campus, you may carry out the activation directly. You still need to connect with SSL VPN first, when you are off-campus.
Initiate KMS activation:
- 1.Connect with university website (you need to connect with SSL VPN first, if you are off-campus), and carry out the activation as a system administrator.
- 2.On DOS, choose your desired software.
- 3.You will be notified when the activation is completed. If it fails, please follow the information listed below, to get the issues resolved:
- The BIOS (Basic Input / Output System) of your computer may not have a qualified version, thus you may not be eligible to install TCU’s upgraded version of the Windows Operating System.
- For the most commonly seen errors in KMS activation, please see KMS Errors.
- 0x80070005：Your access is rejected. Requested action requires higher authority.
It happens when you didn’t log in as a system administrator. Please carry it out as a system administrator.
- 0xC004F035：This issue may occur, when the BIOS (Basic Input / Output System) of your computer doesn’t have a qualified version, thus you can’t install TCU’s upgraded version of the Windows Operating System.
You may contact your computer manufacture or dealer, to reinstall BIOS.
Before contacting your computer manufacture or dealer, please do not install Windows 7 on your computer.
- 0xC004F038：This issue may occur, when the client computer count doesn’t reach the minimum number required by the KMS host to activate.
You need to wait for more computers to join in the KMS host, and it may take several days. There is a 30-day grace period, before Windows 7 passes the certification.
- 0xC004F039：This is caused by the bad connection between your computer and the KMS activation server.
Please ensure that TCP port 1688 is not blocked by the firewall or stopped for other reasons (such as by anti-virus software).
- 0xC004F06C：It happens when there is a big difference in the date or time, between your computer and the KMS activation server.
Please reset Date and Time of your computer.
- 0XC004F074：It occurs when the time zones, shown on your computer and the KMS authentication server, are quite different. It happens very often when you install an English version of the Microsoft Operating System.
Please change the Time Zone in your computer.